At Emmaus, an individual’s spiritual life is an important part of one’s journey to fulfillment and independence. As a mission of the United Church of Christ’s Council for Health and Human Service Ministries (CHHSM), Emmaus takes pride in our faith-based heritage, and strives to help each of our clients participate in the faith community of their choice. Ordained ministers and seminary students help guide and encourage our clients of all beliefs in their spiritual pursuits.
A variety of spiritual care services are provided to clients, family members, and staff, including:
- Worship services and sacraments
- Special services for holidays, funerals/memorials, weddings
- Home and hospital visitation
- Bible studies
- Prayer and pastoral counseling
- Assistance with connecting to local faith communities
- Assistance with emergency need of clients and staff
- Assistance with client support plans
As well, Emmaus' spiritual care staff are ambassadors of the Emmaus mission throughout the United Church of Christ (UCC) and other faith community partners, and tend these faith-based connections through participation in UCC, ecumenical, and interfaith meetings and events.